I have back pain in lower back and have traces of blood in my urine. What is this?

In brief: Bladder infection?

Blood in the urine should be treated seriously.
Possible causes: bladder or kidney infection kidney problem kidney stones kidney tumor bladder tumor prostate problem idiopathic (we dont know).

In brief: Bladder infection?

Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Trace of blood seen?

If the trace is by dipstick, your doctor will tell you the significance.
But, if you see traces of blood by the naked eye in the urine and have back pain, you likely have kidney stone. An ultrasound, or ct, will answer the question. It is important to get seen since a stone is not the only possibility here. Other kidney diseases, though less common, are possible including cancer.

In brief: Trace of blood seen?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib