Is it normal to develop pmr and psoriatic artritis at the same time? My pmr symptoms started 18 months ago, but i also had finger joint pain at that time. 6 months ago, finger pain got worse and nail.

Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: ?all PSA

You are rather young for pmr. It may be that your initial symptoms of psoriatic arthritis (psa), mimicked pmr with neck, shoulder, lower back and/or hip hip pain/stiffness.
Both pmr and psa can have elevated ESR and or crp. Both can respond well to prednisone. I try to diagnose people with one disease not two if possible.

In brief: ?all PSA

Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Dr. EVAN Leibowitz

In brief: Maybe not normally

Polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr) is an inflammatory disorder involving pain & stiffness in the joints.
Psoratic arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints and skin and usually develops between the ages of 30 & 50 and affects men & women equally. Optimize your diet "for you", decrease stress and get enough sleep and you may be surprised how much this can help. See a rheumatolitest.

In brief: Maybe not normally

Dr. Scott Shields
Dr. Scott Shields
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Get another opinion

Anything is possible but to develop both at the same time is highly unusual.
You do not describe your symptoms that lead to the diagniosis of pmr and you do not actually state you have the skin manifestations of psoriasis. Therefore, you need another rheumatologic opinion.

In brief: Get another opinion

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Vikram Patel