It hurts and bleeds when I have a bowl movement and its been going on for 6 months plus is there anything I can do to stop it?

Dr. Siamak Milanchi
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: See your doctor

This could be from anal fissure, from hemorrhoids or from colon/rectal cancer or other causes.
You need to make sure that it is not something bad like cancer. Most of the doctors recommend colonoscopy to further evaluate this problem. Please see your doctor.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Siamak Milanchi
Dr. Siamak Milanchi
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Visit your doctor!

The most common cause is probably hemorrhoids, but these could also be symptoms of rectal cancer.
It is essential that you visit your doctor and have a rectal examination and colonoscopy!

In brief: Visit your doctor!

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Vicken Poochikian