Having trouble with pap smears. It hurts a lot and on top of that I have vaginal spasims ? How do I over come both these?

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Relaxation therapies

Find a practitioner who is interested in mindfulness therapies, relaxation techniques, and hypnosis.
In your case it is body controls mind. You need to turn this around to mind controls body. This is learnable. Join a meditation class. On the web heartmath.Com teaches relaxation.

In brief: Relaxation therapies

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Pap Smear Pain

You very well may need something like a small dose of valium or one of it's cousins to help you relax enough to get through this exam. A good and kind health care provider can walk you through this so you do not miss having the appropriate tests to keep you healthy.

In brief: Pap Smear Pain

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Jane Van Dis