Can a dental bone graft get rejected or infected, if put on top an extraction, pain after 11 days, on clindamycin day 5 but not going away.

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

Consult with your oral surgeon.
There is no guarantee a bone graft will take even if no infection is present. I would be concerned as to why you have pain 11 days later and feel the mouth should get an exam.

Consult with your oral surgeon.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See DDS asap!

You shouldn't be having any substantial pain so long after an extraction.
Has your dentist seen you 5-10 days after the procedure for a post op visit? This needs to be evaluated asap.

In brief: See DDS asap!

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry

Have you spoken to the doctor who did the graft?

Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Alan Zweig

In brief: Yes, it can

See your surgeon for an evaluation.
Although not common, these things do occur.

In brief: Yes, it can

See your surgeon for an evaluation.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Probable infection!

As others have said, after 11 days + some antibiotics, there is probably an infection.
Oftentimes simply cleaning out the graft site followed by a few weeks of natural healing(and maybe more antibiotics, ) will make the site more receptive to a new graft. My experience: sockets grafted immediately after an extraction heal quicker and far more comfortably then "raw" non-grafted sockets.

In brief: Probable infection!

Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dentistry - Periodontics

They can get infected, but after this long, it may be a problem with the remaining jaw bone - either a fracture in the bone, a loose piece of bone floating beneath the gum, or even a piece of a root remaining.
Clindamycin is very good at controlling bone pain and i'm concerned why you still have discomfort. Definitely see your doctor who removed the tooth for advice/examination.

Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Jack Hinkle