Can I get a tattoo after a mechanical mitral valve replacement and now on Coumadin (warfarin) (blood thinners)?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: No
You should be on antibiotics in advance to minimize chance of infection.
You also are going to bleed because of the coumadin (warfarin). I doubt your cardiologist will stop Coumadin (warfarin) for a tattoo.If you decide to do this there may be bleeding in the skin which will affect the appearance of the tattoo.

In brief: No
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
In brief: Should not
You can, but the risks are present and probably not well known to the artist! infection, bacteremia, bleeding, scarring are more dangerous to you with the valve disease and prosthesis and can be lethal.

In brief: Should not
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology