I recently had a uti, and they found glucose in my urine when they tested for it. Now i've had sudden urges to urinate and am unable to hold it.

Dr. Janice Alexander

In brief: ?UTI vs.DM?

You may have a residual UTI or you could have a high blood sugar or even diabetes.
Have you eaten something sweet before the urine test? Are you pregnant? These are questions your provider will have to sort out with you. You may just need to make some adjustments in your diet!

In brief: ?UTI vs.DM?

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Diabetes

Your abbreviated history raises diabetes to an high level of concern.
Didn't the doctor raise this issue when you were informed of glucose in the urine? Glucose is not supposed to be in the urine. Go back and see a doctor; maybe not the first one!

In brief: Diabetes

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine