When can I start giving my baby a pacifier?

In brief: Its up to you & babe

Over three decades I have seen consultants pro/con write about pacifiers.
We are told babies are to confused if started early, but most will still breast feed well & they will never tell us why if they don't. I find babies put down to sleep with a pacifier will wake in the night and cry until someone puts it back in, not a good scene at 3am. Best use is when alert as a self soothing tool.

In brief: Its up to you & babe

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: 1 month

You can start a pacifier once breastfeeding is established and going well.
The american academy of pediatrics recommends starting no earlier than 1 month of age and using pacifier only for sleep and naps.

In brief: 1 month

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb