How can I get my 11 month old daughter to feed herself?

Dr. Kristen Stuppy

In brief: Keep offering

Some 11 month olds are finger feeding well, others are still more comfortable with pureed foods, so need assistance.
Put small foods that have various textures that she can swallow without choking. Sit at the table and eat with her, commenting on the yummy food. Turn off the tv. If she's not interested, give it time. If she continues to have problems, talk with her pediatrician.

In brief: Keep offering

Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy

In brief: Use finger foods

Since most kids at this age use some finger foods as snacks.
Skip the cheerios and baby teething stuff and use cooked peas or carrots that can be picked up by the infant. Then put theses and other similar foods on the plate and let her play.

In brief: Use finger foods

Dr. Harris Lilienfeld
Dr. Harris Lilienfeld
Dr. Indu Lal

In brief: Sit and eat with fam

The best approach I use is let child sit with family at dinner table, using her own chair, put small quantity of food which he/she can pick and put in mouth.
They like to copy their care takers, so giving a small spoon to use also encourage self feeding.

In brief: Sit and eat with fam

Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal