Why does my whole left side of my body ache?

Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Stroke
If you had a stroke this kind of pain is called "central" or "post-stroke pain".
Otherwise there is no anatomical reason for pain in the whole left or right side.

In brief: Stroke
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Jack Goloff
In brief: Depends
I check your history page and it is blank.
Are you male, female? How old are you? Do you have any medical problems? Do you have any other symptoms? When was your last physical exam? How long have the symptoms been occurring? What makes it better or worse? Have you been in an accident? Are you pregnant? Have you had a stroke? Do you take any medications? List them. Then i might have enough info.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jack Goloff
Dr. Jack Goloff
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: ConsiderFibromyalgia
Typically, the fibromyalgia syndrome [fms] causes symmetrical chronic widespread aching and pain.
See descriptions of fms in response to other questions above. However, about one third of people with fms experience pain which is more severe on one side than on the other side. Ask your primary care physician if you might have fms or see a rheumatologist with this question.

In brief: ConsiderFibromyalgia
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. Peter Kurzweil