How do I tell my 5 yr old he has 2 older sisters (19 & 16 yr old) that are not in our lives from my husband's previous marriage?

Dr. Pamela Moore

In brief: You might wait

Although i agree that your 5 year old may enjoy meeting the other siblings, he or she may not yet be old enough to understand the circumstances and why they are not part of your lives.
If you are estranged from them, i would recommend waiting until your child is old enough to understand divorce and the issues associated with it when children are involved.

In brief: You might wait

Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Touraj Shafai

In brief: Your child will enjo

Your child will enjoy meeting the older step-sisters.
Many children get along well with their step sisters/brothers and as they get older will provide support for each other. I encourage that you talk to your child about the older step sisters ang get your child to know them.

In brief: Your child will enjo

Dr. Touraj Shafai
Dr. Touraj Shafai
Dr. Neeta Jain
Tell him about the older siblings and let him decide how he wants to interact with them.
Dr. Shontae Buffington