How can I control my allergies ?

Dr. Alan Khadavi
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Know the cause
The most important thing to know is what its from then you could avoid them.

In brief: Know the cause
Dr. Alan Khadavi
Dr. Alan Khadavi
Dr. Andrew Murphy
In brief: See an Allergists
The first step is to understand what your symptoms are and what you are allergic to.
Once that is accomplished then implementation of environmental controls accompanied by using various oral or inhaled medications should be helpful. If not then allergy vaccine therapy may be needed. The medications that may be recommended include antihistamines, nasal steroids, or leukotriene blockers.

In brief: See an Allergists
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. David Rosenthal
In brief: Three steps
I suggest 3 steps to controlling symptoms of allergies : 1) avoid the things you are allergic to.
2) take medications to control the symptoms. 3) get 'allergy shots' (immunotherapy) to teach your body to not be "allergic" to those things (immune tolerance). I recommend these items be tried in order, but it all starts when you see an allergist to determine what specifically you are allergic to.

In brief: Three steps
Dr. David Rosenthal
Dr. David Rosenthal
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Get tested
Your dr can order blood tests to check for common allergies.
Otherwise you need to see the allergist who is going to test you with mini injections or patches. In the mean time try antihistamines ( allegra, Loratadine or zyrtec during the day or benadryl, (diphenhydramine) chloetrimeton at night) add ranitidine (zantac) or Pepcid b/o their h2 antihistamine effect. Cortisone in injection or pills by ur dr help.

In brief: Get tested
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Vicken Poochikian