I have blood in my stools sometimes, does that mean I have colon cancer?

In brief: No, that is just one

Possiblity. Most likely is hemorroids, then infections, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulosis, angiodysplasia.
But you are right, the most deadly is cancer, so have it checked out.

In brief: No, that is just one

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Difference between "in" and "on", stool. Polyps, divertics, and hemorrhoids may be the cause, or a cancer. You need an assessment and maybe endoscopy
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It depends

Rectal bleeding can be caused from hemorrhoids(commonest cause) or by colon cancer.
So an examination is required to find the exact cause. Any rectal bleeding is a signal to go to your doctor for a complete examination to find the cause and treat it accordingly.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Possible

All rectal bleeding must be evaluated, and one of the reasons that is so important is to rule out cancer as a cause.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery