When will my baby start recognizing people like friends and relatives?

Dr. Adam Naddelman
In brief: Sooner than expected
Babies as young as 1 month of age will show a preference for a familiar face like a parent over a stranger. It's reasonable to expect babies to begin recognizing people they frequently see as early as 1-2 months.
They'll really get excited about seeing people they remember around 2-4 months in most cases, but don't be alarmed if it seems like your baby is taking a little longer.

In brief: Sooner than expected
Dr. Adam Naddelman
Dr. Adam Naddelman
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
I agree with Dr. Naddelman. Human infants are remarkably attuned to peoples' faces and voices almost from the moment of birth and start recognizing familiarities soon after. It's quite amazing.
In brief: Varies.
The first people a baby recognized are those who care for it, and that could be within a few weeks of birth.
Non-caregivers take much longer to be recognized.

In brief: Varies.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Shontae Buffington