What are keloids and how do I get them re moved.?

A really angry scar. A keloid is formed when a a healing wound becomes inflamed and thickens. A keloid typically rises above and can be felt beneath the skin, as well. Treatment options include observation to see if they subside eventually, use of teflon film to cover lesions to try to flatten them, cortisone injections to cause atrophy, and excision. The concern with excision is that the lesion may return.
Abnormal Scars. Keloids are somewhere between scars and tumors. They are in response to injury like a scar, but the injury can be minor, and the scar quite pronounced. Unlike hypertrophic scars, keloids grow into the skin outside the area of injury, like a tumor. Keloids are not cancer, but there are differences between what is happening in a keloids and normal or even a hypertrophic scar. Removal depends...