How do I get rid of hyper pigmintattion?

Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hydroquinone

Hyperpigmentation if often caused be inflammation du to injury or infection and the action of the sun.
Hydroquinone, and sunscreens can revers the process and improve the hyperpigmentation.

In brief: Hydroquinone

Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh
Dr. Samuel Rosenthal
You do not require the skills of a plstic surgeon for simple skin tags.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: You may be able to..

...Improve it with a combination of tretinoin, hydroquinoe( both req rx), sun protection( don't bother w anything else if you won't do this) eg w neutragena helioplex spf 125, certain chemical peels, avoidance of certain drugs (eg corticosteroids), avoidance of inflammation & pregnancy.

In brief: You may be able to..

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hyperpigmentation

Many of the options discussed are effective in improving hyperpigmentation.
Combination therapy and a progressive approach is best. Sunscreen use is imperative, and in my practice a "non-negotiable", in the management of hyperpigmentation, melasma, pih and sun damage. We recommend our patients focus on the content of the sunscreen (uva, uvb protection capacity, antioxidants) instead of spf number.

In brief: Hyperpigmentation

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Alexander Rivkin
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Depends

The treatment for hyperpigmentation depends on the type you have.
A diagnosis by a good dermatologist is a good first step. The other variable is your skin color. Topical hydroquinone is a good start. Intense pulsed light treatment works well for light skinned patients, but is dangerous for darker skin - it may cause worse hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels like cosmelan are better for dark skin.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alexander Rivkin
Dr. Alexander Rivkin
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Try hydroquinone

Depending on the severity and the location, topical creams like hydroquinone may help.
See your dermatologist for recommendations specific to your skin.

In brief: Try hydroquinone

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Rx strength or over the counter are available
Dr. John Apostolides
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Skin Care and Lasers

Hyperpigmentation is a common skin problem that can arise from various causes ranging from hormone changes to sun damage.
A skin care regimen including retinols and hydroquinones and/or laser resurfacing of the skin can rejuvenate and restore the natural glow, sensuality, and beauty of the face. A board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist can help create the perfect solution.

In brief: Skin Care and Lasers

Dr. John Apostolides
Dr. John Apostolides
Dr. James Zasuly
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Difficult

Lasers and topical hydroquinone are helful.
Avoid sun exposure. Very difficult problem. See a plastic surgeon.

In brief: Difficult

Dr. James Zasuly
Dr. James Zasuly
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: Many options

Depends on what the cause is.
If due to melasma (caused by hormones, pregnancy) then it may not respond to treatment unless the birth control pill or hormones are stopped. Hyperpig may also be caused by certain meds which increase sensitivity to sun (ie: tetracyclines, sulfa drugs, accutane). There are many effective treatments including topical bleaching agents, lasers.

In brief: Many options

Depends on what the cause is.
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Latisha Smith
hyper pigmentation can also be caused by skin irritation such as acne on face. The use of gentle cleansers and moisturizer after cleansing will help irritated hyperpigmentted skin heal quicker.
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Combination

Hyperpigmentation is a catch-all phrase that can mean many different things.
The first thing find someone that can make an accurate diagnosis and treat correctly. Treatment will vary if pigment is superficial or deep. I prefer combinations of tretinoin and hydroquinone, followed by dermal rollers and/or chemical peels. I'm close to you if you'd like to call (609) 957-5652. Be well.

In brief: Combination

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Jane Chung
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Fraxel or TCA peel

The reasons for hyperpigmentation varies a lot.
It is depending on the causes but mainly hydroquinone, kojic acid as topical and fraxel, ipl, or active fx as laser treatment and tca peel, jessner peel as a chemical peel.

In brief: Fraxel or TCA peel

Dr. Jane Chung
Dr. Jane Chung
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Varies

Treatment for hyperpigmentation varies.
Depending on the severity, the duration and your skin tone, you can use good skin care products such as obagi, have medium to deep peels or use lasers such as the pixel resurfacing laser. Speak with a qualified cosmetic physician to see what you should use.

In brief: Varies

Treatment for hyperpigmentation varies.
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hyperpigmentation

Post inlfammatory hyperpigmentation or hemosiderosis may not respond well to hydroquinone (hq).
Vitamin k oxides are purported to have some effect but I am not convinced. Lasers have mixed results and have occasionally caused worsening due to increased inflammation. I suggest trying test spots first. Use of "peel and bleach" creams (hq +retina +steroid) may be effective but require strict sunblock.

In brief: Hyperpigmentation

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik