It feels like I can't hold m bladder but when I try to urinate, I have to keep pushing to go because it seems like like it doesn't want to come out. Why is this and what can I try?

David Miller

In brief: Cystitis?

Sounds like you might have a urinary tract infection, possibly a bladder infection.
The symptoms you're describing are hesitancy (having to strain to go) and urgency (needing to go now). They suggest that your bladder is irritated. You should see your doc for this.

In brief: Cystitis?

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Katharine Garnier
I agree that the hesitancy and what is called urge incontinence or trouble holding your urine can be signs of a bladder infection but it partly depends on how long this has been going on. If this has been a chronic thing, depending on your age, it could indicate that you have a cystocoele or relaxation of the anterior vaginal wall. You should see you family doctor, a urologist, or maybe your gyn!
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: ?UTI, ? after babies

You might have a UTI so basic urine test is necessary.
Symptoms may be due to a cystocele and/or incompetent urinary sphincter. Medical conditions such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis aould also be responsible. Strongly suggest you see a urogynecologist or gynecologic urologist. Good luck.

In brief: ?UTI, ? after babies

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Flow problem

You problem can be cased by a number of conditions.
. You should be evaluated by a urologist.. Most conditions can be remedied easily..

In brief: Flow problem

Dr. Alan Schrager
Dr. Alan Schrager

In brief: Urinary retention

It sounds like you are experiencing urinary retention and should be evaluated for this common condition.
Diabetics are prone to weakness of the bladder. It sounds as if you are also experiencing overflow incontinence. Regardless, you should be seen by a urologist.

In brief: Urinary retention

Dr. Stephen Chinn
Dr. Stephen Chinn
Dr. Keegan Duchicela