My 9 months old son has eczema, what is the best solution for me to use on him?

Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: See below

Eczema is in the same family of conditions as allergies and asthma.
It can't be cured but usually can be controlled. It is best managed by using a sensitive skin cleanser, avoiding bathing in very hot water, and using a sensitive skin lotion several times daily, even when the rash isn't there. If doing this doesn't help enough, please see his doctor for additional management.

In brief: See below

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
You're welcome -- I hope his skin improves soon!
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: Eczema

Eczema is a general term for a diffuse rash with itching.
It is a synonym for dermatitis, which literally means “inflammation of the skin.” it is an incessant itchy eruption that almost invariably begins in infancy, is inherited, is often accompanied in later years by hay fever or asthma. A dermatologist is the best doctor to consult for this. Soaps make it worse. Sometimes food aggravate it.

In brief: Eczema

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jonathan Jassey