I slamed my finger in a car door a week ago. Must of damaged a nerve. When will feeling come back? It gets very cold when outside

Dr. Hill Hastings
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Should recover
Closed crush injuries usually cause temporary neurapraxia injury which improves within 4-6 weeks.
Rarely more severe pressure from the crush can physically disrupt the interior of the nerve which may take up to 12 weeks to improve but with uncertainty. In the absence of a laceration observation is recommended.

In brief: Should recover
Dr. Hill Hastings
Dr. Hill Hastings
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Sounds like you also
Got the arteries.
See a hand surgeon.

In brief: Sounds like you also
Got the arteries.
See a hand surgeon.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Stuart Hilliard
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Neurapraxia
A crush injury to a sensory nerve in the finger can cause a neurapraxia, which is a temporary loss of nerve signal conduction.
This usually resolves within 6-8 weeks.

In brief: Neurapraxia
This usually resolves within 6-8 weeks.
Dr. Stuart Hilliard
Dr. Stuart Hilliard