Why do my hands stay numb?

Hand numbness. Hand numbness can be caused by carpal tunnel syndrome which is a compression of median nerve in the wrist, it can occur in women , pregnancy, hypothyroidism, and over use of hands. You should be seen and evaluated. Wrist splint can be tried first, in severe cases surgery to release the nerve may be needed.
Tingling numbness. in the hands can be a variety of things for the most common thing is carpal Tunnel. Early treatment for this can be night time splintingas long as the splints are not too tight use of over-the-counter anti-inflammatories and avoidance of provocative positioning such as extremes of flexion and extension this is often a good start if it continues or becomes constantthen you should talk to primary.
Carpal Tunnel Syndro. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a very common cause of numb hands. If you have persistent or constant numbers, you really need this "fixed" to avoid possible permanent problems!