What is core stabilization exercises?

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

I agree with all of the other doctors.
The core exercises should be cornerstone of all exercise programs. Learn more about this type of exercise at www.therehabzone.com

In brief: See below

I agree with all of the other doctors.
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Dynamic Stabilizers

I wanted to add to the others, who i agree with wholeheartedly.
Another important aspect of core stabilization is to stabilize the "core axis" of the body, while our legs and arms provide propulsion and speed. A good example is that strengthening the shoulder blade "core" stabilizing muscles can increase throwing speed by more than 20%, and is just as if not more important than the arm.

In brief: Dynamic Stabilizers

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Core stabilization

Core stabilization exercises is a term used to describe strengthening a series of muscles that run the length of the torso and trunk.
These are primarily the abdominal, gluteal, hip girdle, paraspinal, and other muscles. These exercises may decrease pain and improve function in low back pain, and possibly prevent injuries.

In brief: Core stabilization

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Exercises

Core stabilization exercises are a group of exercises that increase the strength in the muscles around your core.
These are the abdominals, the obliques and the back muscles. These muscles are also strengthened in pilates and yoga.

In brief: Exercises

Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Eric Weisman