How do I treat astma?

Dr. Gerald Lee
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Partnership with Dr!

My best advice is to find a good doctor who you can establish a partnership with for treating your asthma.
A good asthma doctor will see you regularly, educate you how to manage your asthma and recognize signs of an asthma attack, regularly measure your lungs with a breathing test, be available over phone if your asthma is getting worse, and adjust your asthma meds up and down as needed. Good luck.

In brief: Partnership with Dr!

Dr. Gerald Lee
Dr. Gerald Lee
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: See doctor

You should see your doc or a lung specialist to be tested for asthma; the test often includes pre-and post-inhaler use to see if there's improvement.
Based on the results, the doc will prescribe a regimen to optimize your breathing function. If you smoke, quit! smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your lungs.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine