I have a sharp pain in my shoulder. First it was only at night but the past few days it hurts all of the time. Took alieve but it's not working.?

Dr. Stuart Springer
Sports Medicine

In brief: Check it out.

Where in the shoulder is the pain? What makes it worse(better)? Time to check it out with your orthopaedist.

In brief: Check it out.

Dr. Stuart Springer
Dr. Stuart Springer
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

The pain in the shoulder maybe due to tendonitis, tendon tears, arthritis, labral tears, instability, or may be radiated to the shoulder from your neck.
A careful evaluation of your symptoms and examination of your shoulder and neck will help with the correct diagnosis. In general night pain should be evaluated by a doctor.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine