I'm on my period and I keep having this weird vibrating sensation in my lower abdomen, what could it be? Feels like a vibrating cell phone.

Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: Unclear

Can you feel it with your hand--is it like a spasm in your abdominals? You might also try Motrin and a heating pad.
Sometimes our nervous system can interpret one type of sensation (such as an ache or cramp) as a different type of sensation. I would advise an evaluation at your doctor.

In brief: Unclear

Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Andrew Oswari
If it is a muscle spasm or fasciculation it may be a sign that you are dehydrated or that you are mineral depleted. Try calcium and/or a magnesium supplement and increase your fluids. Muscle twitches are otherwise benign.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham