I have a clicking/grinding in my left shoulder. Movement is fine but its sometimes sore and aches. What could this be?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Rotator Cuff Problem
Without a proper examination, a diagnosis cannot be made.
But based on symptoms it sound as if you may have a rotator cuff problem. It may be just some tendinosis or you may have an impingement and/or a partial cuff tear. Because of your symptoms you need to be evaluated by sports medicine physician or orthopaedic surgeon.

In brief: Rotator Cuff Problem
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Don Buford
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Could be joint prob.
In addition to concern about the rotator cuff, your doctor will also need to evaluate you for any intra-articular pathology like a label tear or a "slap" lesion.
After a history and physical exam, often a mr arthrogram is necessary to see the shoulder anatomy. In addition, plain x-rays will also show if there is any arthritis in the joint.

In brief: Could be joint prob.
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Arthritis or torn ca
It could be arthritis, or a torn cartillage.
I would need to know your age and more about the symptoms.

In brief: Arthritis or torn ca
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine