I have a small lump in my neck that is not on the other side, what is it?

Dr. John McMahan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Lump in Neck
If the lump is tender it may be a lymph node swollen from an infection in the mouth, throat, scalp or skin.
It can also be an infected cyst. A painless lump or one that grows is potentiall more serious and any lump that is persistent or growing - painful or not should be checked by a qualified head & neck or ENT physician.

In brief: Lump in Neck
Dr. John McMahan
Dr. John McMahan
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Neck lump
Depends on many factors.
Best thing to do with any unexplained lump is to see your doctor for an examination to determine if this lump is a problem or not.

In brief: Neck lump
Depends on many factors.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Arnon Rubin