I have mild cerebellar tonsillar ectopia less than 5mm. I do have various things wrong that could be conected. But gp is not sure. What is my prognose?

Dr. David Lundin
Neurosurgery

In brief: Chiari

This sounds like a "borderline" chiari malformation.
These are generally not serious as long as there are not other brain abnormalities or spinal abnormalities. Thus further imaging is likely needed. However, if this is normal then your prognosis is good and you will not likely need further treatment.

In brief: Chiari

Dr. David Lundin
Dr. David Lundin
Dr. William Gaya
Neurology

In brief: Cerebellar ectopia

You have a very small ectopia or downward displacement of the cerebellar tonsils.
It us very unlikely that this will cause any serious future problems. In other words your prognosis is good. I feel you have had this since you were born. The most common symptom is headache. Nevertheless, have the MRI images reviewed by a neurologist or neurosurgeon

In brief: Cerebellar ectopia

Dr. William Gaya
Dr. William Gaya
Dr. Eric Weisman