How can I be sure that I have vitiligo?And how do you get it?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: Vitiligo

Vitiligo is a mysterious malady characterized by a loss of pigment, or skin color. If affects about one out of every hundred people.
No one knows what triggers this strange condition. The most fashionable theory claims that it is one of the autoimmune disorders in which the body attacks and destroys its own tissues — in this case the pigment producing cells. For confirmation, see a dermatologist.

In brief: Vitiligo

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depigmentation

Vitiligo is a condition where there is patchy or generalized due pigmentation of areas of skin.
At present there are no treatments for repigmentation of the areas.

In brief: Depigmentation

Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Dr. Krishna Narayanan