Sore lump on skull? Size of a dime on the back of my head but on the hard bone behind my left ear but not near the ear, its on my head.

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Pilar Cyst

Pilar cysts are common, occurring in 5-10% of the population.
Greater than 90% occur on the scalp, where pilar cysts are the most common cutaneous cyst. Pilar cysts are the second most frequent type of cyst on the head and neck. Pilar cysts are almost always benign, malignant transformation being extremely rare. Pilar cysts may be sporadic or may be autosomal dominantly inherited.

In brief: Pilar Cyst

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Adam King
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Lymph node.

It sounds like a lymph node.
These can pop up for many reasons. If it sticks around for more than 5 days, have a medical professional officially evaluate you.

In brief: Lymph node.

It sounds like a lymph node.
Dr. Adam King
Dr. Adam King
Dr. Shontae Buffington