Found out I have kidney stones by CT scan to also find out I have cysts on my liver, what could that possible mean?

Dr. David Dang
Radiology

In brief: Not uncommon

Kidney stones and liver cysts are not uncommon.
Liver cysts are benign and not to be worried about. Very large cysts can be painful but most are small. Kidney stones can cause problem if they start moving into the ureters.

In brief: Not uncommon

Dr. David Dang
Dr. David Dang

In brief: Probably nothing

Incidental hepatic (liver) cysts are usually of no clinical significance.
It is important to know the characteristics of the cyst: size, wall appearance, density of the cyst, etc. If the cyst can be characterized as simple then it likely is of no significance. Other possibilities could include infections from bacteria or parasites as well as tumor or prior injury.

In brief: Probably nothing

Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine