I have shoulder pain. I have not had an injury and it does not affect my everyday. It throbs lightly. Should I see my doctor?

Thomas Wolski Jr
General Practice
In brief: Wouldn't hurt
Many musculoskeletal problems come down to exactly what you're saying: whether it is affecting your daily life.
You can get it evaluated, knowing that your physician may want to get imaging (xray, mri) in addition to a physical exam. If the pain worsens or begins to limit your ability to do everyday tasks, definitely go get it looked at.

In brief: Wouldn't hurt
Thomas Wolski Jr
Thomas Wolski Jr
Answer assisted by Thomas Wolski Jr, Medical Student
Thomas Wolski Jr
General Practice
In brief: Wouldn't hurt

In brief: Wouldn't hurt
Thomas Wolski Jr
Thomas Wolski Jr
Dr. James Leiber
Sports Medicine
In brief: Depends
Depends on how much it is bothering you.
Sometimes imaging is necessary to figure out the problem. Musculoskeletal ultrasound is great new tool for physicians trained in it -- to see inside your shoulder while you're moving it right in the office. It can also help precisely guide an injection if that becomes necessary.

In brief: Depends
Dr. James Leiber
Dr. James Leiber
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes.
See a non-surgical sports medicine physician, who could obtain xrays and perform a clinical exam , to help determine the root of your pain.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Vikram Patel