How long can I expect diarrhea to last after my gallbladder surgery 3 days ago? I also have gastroparesis.

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Diet-Related

App 1 in 5 people will develop diarrhea after undergoing gallbladder surgery.
This is usually precipitated by fatty-food intake. Most of the time, the diarrhea will resolve within a few weeks (to-months) after surgery. In the rare case that it does not resolve, this can be managed with medication.

In brief: Diet-Related

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Diarrhea

If you have diarrhea after being in hospital for surgery you should be evaluated for clostridium difficile colitis.
Do not wait on this, and if your doctor is not willing to listen, find somebody else.

In brief: Diarrhea

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Adam Smith