I've been having cold sores for about 2 months and been taking acyclovir and then Valtrex (valacyclovir) should I see an infectious disease doctor?

Yes. A cold sore should heal in 7-14 days, especially if you are taking anti- viral drugs. Repeated continual episodes require a complete work up, including bloodwork. Lets figure out what's happening w your immune system!
See a doctor. As I have stated many times in this forum, whenever an injury or physical or dental problem has persisted for longer then 10-14 days it should be examined and evaluated by a health care professional to determine what is causing the problem, and recommending a solution..Please see your doctor as soon as possible.
Herpes outbreaks. The only caveat i can add to this scenario is a worry you are not on high enough of a dose to treat the herpes and to break the cycle. The other rarer worry is if you have another problem that is making your immune response weak. If you need to get a second opinion about this there are some very good specialists in indianapolis that can help you.
Not Normal. This is considerably out of normal range for it to last this long. You need to see an oral surgeon to determine what the real problem is and thereby determining how to treat this real problem.