Week of excessive burping and gas pains in back and side. Stressful week and now have elevated heart beat at rest.

Relaxation exercises. Sounds like you had a rough week! acute stress can cause those symptoms. Try these relaxation techniques. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/relaxation-technique/sr00007 http://www.Hws.Edu/studentlife/counseling_relax.Aspx remember that stress is temporary, there will be better days ahead! :).
Maybe stress. Stress clearly upsets the GI tract. However i would keep a close on eye on your symptoms. Eat a well balanced diet and get plenty of rest and exercise. If continuing call your doctor.