Can having a stroke cause headache?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Absolutely!
Either acutely with the stroke or afterwards when recovering or haveing recovered from the stroke, one can have headaches.
There would be multiple reasons for this and not in the perview of 400 letter space here. Discuss your yoiur neurologist, pcp or neurosurgeon. Best to you.

In brief: Absolutely!
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Very often
Severe headache is one of the main symptoms of stroke, especially when characterized as "this is the worst pain in my life".

In brief: Very often
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Andrew Oh
Pain Management
In brief: Definitely...
Any form of head or brain trauma can cause headaches.
Having said that, since there are so many reasons for headaches that range from caffeine withdrawal to brain tumors. You need to see a physician if over the counter medications are not helping.

In brief: Definitely...
Dr. Andrew Oh
Dr. Andrew Oh