What do you use for a four year old who has bad congestion and runny nose?

Saline drops. Medications like antihistamines and decongestants are no longer recommended because of lack of efficacy and potential adverse effects. Salt water drops provide safe but temporary relief. Your child will tell you if they help. Don't keep doing it if they resist.
Nasal saline. Try a nasal saline spray and if this is a chronic or seasonal condition, let him be evaluated by an allergist, there are better prescription medications that can relieve his symptoms.