Would sam-e be any good with Zoloft (sertraline) 200mg a day?

In brief: Caution.

Sam-e is a naturally occuring precursor to serotonin, and taking it can lead to increased levels of serotonin.
It is proving to be an effective treatment for depression, though the doses when taken alone are probably in the range of 1600 mg daily. When taken with a med like zoloft, (sertraline) one runs the risk of developing serotonin syndrome (flushing, diarrhea, palpitations, agitation). I advise caution.

In brief: Caution.

Dr. Robert Berkowitz
Dr. Robert Berkowitz

In brief: No

Hello. Both sam-e & zoloft (sertraline) increase serotonin levels in the brain.
By taking both you could increase your chances of developing a serious side effect called serotinergic syndrome. So, would not take them together. Take care.

In brief: No

Dr. Eric Weisman