I have random migraines with nasea. How can I feel better when this happens?

Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Triptanes
Medications called triptanes (eg imitrex) work good in case of occasional migranes.
They need to be taken just when you started feeling the attack is coming. Otherwise, they may not work very well. Ask your physician detailed instructions. Also it is absolutely necessary to have the diagnosis of migraine established. These drugs will not work for other headaches.

In brief: Triptanes
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Karl Haake
Anesthesiology
In brief: Identify triggers
It is best to identify if there is something that is triggering your migraine and avoid it (ie.
Coffee, chocolate, other foods, stress). If that does not relieve the problem, there are medications that are effective to treat migraines. Your doctor can help you with that.

In brief: Identify triggers
Dr. Karl Haake
Dr. Karl Haake