Is discharge from nipple normal?

It can be. Many women can express a small amount of discharge from the nipple. However, spontaneous discharge (comes out on its own) should be evaluated. It could be simple benign fibrocystic changes, inflammation or infection or other benign causes. Bloody nipple discharge, or a persistent clear discharge from the same spot, can be signs of cancer.
Not normal if you're. Not in your reproductive years. Could be a sign of high prolactin level from a tumor in the brain, prolactinoma or could be from breast cancer. Go see your gyn for reassurance.