Can toddlers get migraines?

Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: It's possible.

Although less common than in older kids and adults & harder to diagnose given the less developed communication skills, it's possible for a toddler to have migraines.
The youngest patient i ever diagnosed with it was 3 years old. If you suspect your child has migraines, see your pediatrician to ensure no other issue. Your child may also need to see a pediatric neurologist for management at that age.

In brief: It's possible.

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Do not Know

We really do not know.
Migraines often run in the family tree, but may have a variety of symptoms that a toddler can't express.I am always concerned if a 2 year old either complains of persistant headaches or has unexplained pain. You should see the pediatrician!

In brief: Do not Know

We really do not know.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond