Ldl 130. Hdl 35. Mother had cabgx 3 at 61. I am 37 and got an ebct. My score was 23. I am trying a vegetarian diet. Should I also go on lipitor (atorvastatin)?

Statin needed. Your ebct indicates you have early vascular disease (>75th percentile for age, gender). Ldl cholesterol (ldl-c) is commonly used to "estimate" the number of LDL particles. However, because the amount of cholesterol carried inside LDL is so variable, ldl-c often underestimates ldl-p. When ldl-c and ldl-p differ cardiovascular risk tracks with ldl-p, not ldl-c. A minimal goal is ldl-p < 1000.
You have . Cad...Goal for your LDL is <70...Diet can be very helpful but medication likely needed. Kudos to you for getting checked out!
Lipitor (atorvastatin) Lipitor (atorvastatin) would almost certainly with good diet and exercise get your LDL to 80 or below. Doubt you'll get there without it but could try a few months and see how you do on diet , if hesitant about drug rx.