If I sit, even for a short while my joints ache like they have been bent backwards. They also click a lot when I bend down or stretch. I'm only 21.?

Dr. James Okamoto
In brief: Joint pain
I would recommend that you see your physician regarding this.
This could be the onset of rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. At 21 yrs of age your joints should be in great shape (unless you have suffered prior trauma from sports or motor vehicle accident). Your question says "joints" so I am assuming you have multiple joints that are aching, and not just your knees.

In brief: Joint pain
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Flexible Tissue
It sounds like your tissue is gelling ie stiffening.
You may be more flexible and thus there is more give to your tissue. You need to exercise and improve your msucle tone. The increased msucle tone will help protect your tissue. Flexible people have more elastic fibers in their tissue and need better muscle tone to protect themselves. You need to exercise.

In brief: Flexible Tissue
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine