What techniques can I use to prevent depression?

Depression Prevent. Spend time with your friends. If a religion, practice it routinely. Exercise - but do not overdo it. Insist on restorative sleep. Avoid anything more than infrequent alcohol intake. Emphasize happines, fun, and pleasure as part of your life goals. Mindful meditation practiced routinely helps. Being grateful, forgiving youself/others, engaging in flow experiences. Have clear goals and find meaning.
Depression Treatment. If you have been evaluated and treated for depression. Then medications and therapy is the best out come. If mild symptoms regular routine, stress management techniques health diet and exercise can help.
Depression. Monitor how you talk to yourself, a negative self voice is often the key cause of depression, if you alter the way you talk to yourself, changing a critical voice to an understanding voice you will be far less likely to become depressed. Best.