Ate marshmallows roasted w/ fake fire log. Company says 'non toxic waxes' "california proposition 65... By-products known to cause cancer." concern?

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Once?

If you did this once, it is probably not a problem. But burning those fake fire logs in the house often may increase your risk.
There are a lot of other ways to decrease your cancer risk, so this is probably not a big deal. Eat healthy, avoid stress, get plenty of rest. These are your best bets for decreasing your risk of cancer.

In brief: Once?

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Carolyn Messere
Pathology

In brief: No

Please forgive my frankness.
A dysfunctional tort law system has developed in the usa (california's worst) and requires the disclosure of trivial / non-existent risks to prevent. Some products of combustion are known to cause cancer (smoking) & anything can be made to cause cancer in ridiculous doses in animals. It's so you don't sue if you roast a marshmellow & get cancer 30 years later.

In brief: No

Please forgive my frankness.
One of many dumb laws in the United States is that pretty much everything causes cancer in California. Ignore it. This is even more foolish than it would be to label bottled water as "Warning -- contents are known to cause drowning." I hope you enjoyed your marshmellows and will continue to do so.
Dr. Andrea Brand