I got a home made tattoo 9 weeks ago & it looks a bit wrinkly & you can feel the lining. I plan on laser removal in a year. Will I be scarred after?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Laser tattoo removal

There is a reasonable risk for scarring with laser tattoo removal although the lasers have gotten very good in the last few years.
The best approach for laser tattoo removal is "slow & low"... Low energy settings on the laser over several treatments (can take 8-12 treatments for some tattoos). Orange, yellow, red colors are more difficult - as is darker skin. Good idea to wait at least one year.

In brief: Laser tattoo removal

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard