How much high is the risk of getting salmonella eating raw eggs and what are the factors that could influence the presence of salmonella?

Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Salmonella/raw eggs

Usually if eggs are bought at the supermarket they have been processed to sterilise them. But lately I have found chicken poop on some eggs int he cartons.
Best to wahs them well and if you realy eant raw eggs buy the liquid version in cartonssicne this is for sure been sterilised.

In brief: Salmonella/raw eggs

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Rodrigo Delacotera

In brief: Pretty good risk

There is a pretty significant risk if you eat raw eggs or undercooked eggs.
The only factor that could make a difference is if you appropriately cook the eggs.

In brief: Pretty good risk

Dr. Rodrigo Delacotera
Dr. Rodrigo Delacotera
Dr. Adam Smith