My 2 year old son has a sore throat and is refusing to eat and drink. What should I do?

In brief: Cool foods

Try popsicles, ice cream, jello.
. Anything that is cold wil act as a temporal analgesic and will allow your child to stay hydrated. If you have given him something for pain and he refuses all fluids, watch for signs of dehydration and consult your doc. Make sure you are not dealing with something else such as strep.

In brief: Cool foods

Try popsicles, ice cream, jello.

In brief: Have it evaluated

You may want to get him evaluated at his doc's or urgent care prior to the weekend.
If strep, treatment can start, if not they can advise you on ways to soothe the throat & maintain oral intake until the process improves.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. Cindy Juster