I have had an MRI scan to reveal I have osteoarthritis in my left hip.. I'm in constant pain with it, but when i stretch the piriformis, the pain goes.

Dr. Audie Rolnick
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Different pains

Oa of hip may not be source of your pain if piriformis stretches improve the condition.
Sometimes muscle can get tight and feels better with local treatment, but will not get rid of oa hip pain.

In brief: Different pains

Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Continue stretching

Arthritis can be present and not be causing pain.
If you stretch and the pain goes away then that is the reason for the pain and the arthritis is just there. (well all get it sooner or later). Continue stretching.

In brief: Continue stretching

Dr. Peter Kurzweil