My 5 month old has had cold symptoms since birth. He is on a breathing machine. We do the saline. He has fevers. Nothing doctor can do. Anything else?

Dr. Mandakini Patel
In brief: Infants with frequen
Agree with dr.Kohn in part but alos, if the baby is running fever frequently one look into other things like the infant's inability fight infections could be from different kinds of white blood cell problems, varying with viral vs bacterial infections.
Your baby's doctor is the best one to answer this as he/she knows your baby as a patient.

In brief: Infants with frequen
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Maybe
It is common for infants to have colds during the winter season but not persistent fever.
This may need to be further evaluated. Symptomatic care of saline for the nose and fever control is important. I am unclear what you mean by breathing machine - but assume the nebulizer. There are different medications that can be used in the nebulizer and you should discuss this with you doctor.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology