Can I do exercise while i'm waiting to have a epigastric hernia fixed?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: It depends.
Aerobic activity and light weights should be no problem prior to hernia repair, assuming that the exercise does not cause pain related to the hernia.
I suggest to my patients that they try and determine what exercises cause the most stress to this area prior to surgery; those are the ones i want them to avoid for 2-3 weeks after surgery. Of course, it's always best to check w/your surgeon.

In brief: It depends.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. David Earle
Surgery
In brief: As tolerated
Both before an after hernia repair, I tell my patients to perform activity as tolerated by pain, pressure l, and discomfort.
Your body will tell you what you can and cannot do, but you have to listen to it, and use common semse. Hope this helps!

In brief: As tolerated
Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
Of course, please do.

Of course, please do.
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery